Bazargan law firm banner


 TN visa allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA professionals, to work in specified NAFTA professionals,  in the United States in prearranged business activities for U.S. or foreign employers. Permanent residents of Canada and Mexico are not able to apply for TN visas to work as NAFTA professionals.

A Canadian citizen without a TN visa can apply for TN nonimmigrant status at a U.S. port of entry.

Mexican citizens require TN visas to request admission to the United States in this status.


The applicant must provide a contract or employment letter from your employer in the United States confirming your upcoming employment in one of the professional occupations and evidence of education would include degrees, diplomas, certificates, professional licenses, and /or membership in professional organizations. To demonstrate the experience, the applicant needs to present letters from former employers. If you were self-employed, provide your business records.

Last modified on: Mon, 2014-03-31 11:21